Wednesday, September 10, 2008

helmet shmelmet

I am so pissed.

My Mom called me frantically last night, telling me to leave the motorcycle at her office because one of her employees got caught driving his motorcycle without a helmet. And no matter how much I explained to her that the checkpoint was at the provincial hospital area -- a road I NEVER take going home, she wouldn't let me drive. Grrr.

What is even more irritating than the fact that all drivers now have to wear helmets, is that no one told us we were supposed to. My Mom said it's a new regional policy. Well, whatever. They should've informed everyone about the policy before imposing it.

Nobody in Dumaguete likes to wear helmets anyway. I mean, the university couldn't even make the students wear them, how much more the government? If I know... the cops are just trying to milk innocent people of their money. Why don't they just focus on the criminals and stop perstering everyone else?

Now my Mom wants me to wear a helmet everytime I drive. Ugh, NO EFFIN WAY! I'd rather ride the pedicab than drive around looking like a power ranger. EEEW.

Hmpf. >=/

3 comments:

jemimah said...

your mom's just looking out for you. it's not cool but helmets really save you from wrecking your brain. :P

madaming patients si papa dahil sa motorcycle accidents (usually my history ng alcohol ingestion hehehe). but still, beer or no beer you'll never know..

merong patient si papa, na-coma kasi nahulog sa motorcycle tapos her head hit a rock. there was nothing they can do na kasi grabe ang damage sa brain..

sharing lng...

but yeah, HELMETS = NOT REALLY COOL! hehehe

asdad said...

it's soooo impractical. mahal biya ag helmets run. shuzet sila, pangwarta ra jud ila hehe

Anonymous said...

I just don't understand people in Dumaguete. Some cities are strict about the "helmet" law and nobody's complaining.

IMO, It's just right to wear helmets.