Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Vampire Mania

I blame Twilight. Carlo wants a vampire lover now. And some part of me wants one too, if he's as hot as Damon Salvatore. And if he has no plans of drinking my blood.

I've been watching (and enjoying) True Blood and The Vampire Diaries. The two shows couldn't be any more different from each other, but I love both just the same. True Blood is dark and sexy. In the series, vampires have been accepted as part of the society - which I think is totally original. But aside from that, the show tackles deep issues as well, including discrimination, religion, drugs, politics, etc.


The Vampire Diaries is more like the typical vampire story we all know. A small town. A 'good' vampire falls in love with a human but does not tell her his true identity. But the truth comes to her anyway. The vampire then serves as her protector, but is also conflicted with the temptation of her blood. To be honest, I didn't like the first few episodes, they were very One Tree Hill-ish - too much teen drama. But as I kept on watching, there was something about the series that was charming, and deep. Plus, they're all HOT. Haha.


Oh, and I can't wait for New Moon. For all you Twilight haters out there, don't hate. It's just entertainment. If you don't like it, don't watch. It's that simple.

Vampires. Cool. =)

(Oh, and if you want to watch the series online, check out yidio or salloumi.)

No comments: